2011-09-25

10 ways to use perfume samples from magazines

perfume sample

What do you do with all those perfume samples from magazines? Give them a quick sniff? Toss them in the trash? Collect them? Perfume samples are handier than you think. Here are 10 ways to put them to good use.


1. Dress up your drawers. Tuck a few of your favorites in your underwear drawers as well as your other clothes drawers.


2. Stow them in your suitcase. Before hitting the road, toss an unopened sample into your suitcase. The sample won’t leak on your clothes and they will smell great for the duration of the trip.


3. Store them in your shoes (not while wearing them, of course). Your friends will think you have the best-smelling feet around. Not to mention your closet will smell much better. (See No. 6.)


4. Stash them under your car seat. Who needs one of those cheap, stinky air fresheners? Place a perfume sample under your seat and you’re good to go.


5. Put them in your purse. With all the stuff we load into our purses, it’s no wonder they sometimes smell a little stale. Nothing a perfume sample can’t fix.


6. Keep them in the closet. (See No. 3.)


7. Give gift bags a little extra something special. Sometimes it’s the little things that matter. Adding a perfume sample to a gift bag not only makes it smell great, but it also adds a personal touch.


8. Sleep tight on scented pillows. Toss a perfume sample into your pillowcase for some fragrant ZZZZZs.


9. Line your coat pockets. If you’re storing your coats during the summer months, placing a perfume sample in the pocket will help to ward off that musty smell. If you’re wearing your coat, even better. You’ll smell great the moment you enter a room.


10. Wear them. This is why they are in the magazines in the first place, right? Collect the perfume samples and try out different scents over time. You can test which fragrances you like before splurging on them.



View the original article here



20 comments:

Perfumes for Women said...

i buy from shop after cross checking the brand and fragrances.

Je Joue Kegel Balls said...

Nice advice. Now I do not have to buy fresheners for my linens.

ALEX / Aloe Vera Sabila said...

Great tips, you forget to mention that also helps the environment because you don't pollute trowing it away

burn the fat build the muscle said...

I used for myself and this list gives me an ideas how to use perfume sample besides i use for myself.

corporate gifts said...

Perfume samples in magazines can be used , this is new to me. Thanks for the info, I will scan my magazines and tear the pages with perfume samples. Thanks and more power to make-homemade-fragrances.blogspot.com.

Holistic Lifestyles Guide said...

amazing tips here! I never thought perfume samples from magazines can be this useful :)

branded items said...

Hi,

Wonderful tips. I never thought of all the other ideas you mentioned other than wearing them. I liked your tip #8 best. Sleeping on scented pillows. Who wouldn't want to sleep on wonderful smelling pillows. I know I'd love to. Now I have 9 more ways to make good use of perfume samples. Thanks for sharing.

personalised items said...

I have never ever thought of these ideas. I always throw those pages. I should've done this a long time ago. Make some good use to it since those mags are also quite expensive.

custom items said...

Stowing them in a suitcase sounds like an awesome idea. I can imagine how my things would smell like whenever I go out of town. Keeping them in the close is also excellent, I can even make all apparels smell good just with that.

conference merchandise said...

Great tips for use a perfume samples.

executive gifts said...

Very creative ideas on how to make use of perfume samples. I certainly wear them because not only does it keep me smelling nice, it also saves me from having to buy it. I also don't ever forget to keep a few in my overnight travelling bag for emergencies.

conference gifts said...

I never thought of them this way but you do have a point. I don't even taking them out of the magazine till they just lose the scent. Pretty good advice that I can share with others too.

Kichler Lighting said...

You've shared a very fascinating idea. Things for sharing it. This is a good sort of hobbies and at the same time a best practice in recycling.

Moby Wrap Baby Carrier said...

Uhuh! Actually I tried to subsribe in some perfume company saying "just try me" The put many samples in that magazine and when I used to try the scents from them I've noticed that the scent is very far if you try it in an actual perfume bottle.

Eldorado said...

Some really great ideas for using perfume samples. Seems like things I would have thought of but didn't. I have so many samples laying around this is a great way to recycle them!

Gondola Shelving said...

Such a great tips for everybody!These kind of tips are very resourceful, I just can't imagine for only one product so called sample perfume from magazine, you're able to use it in many ways as a freshener.With that we don't need to spend too much money guys just for other stuffs.Thank you so much for that advice, it will help me a lot.

Mariana said...

Thank you very much for the suggestions. I have never thought of giving them as gifts!

Vintage Engagement Rings said...

That's a really great and interesting stuff for selecting and using nice perfumes from magazines.This is very helpful for all.Thanks for sharing such valuable information.

Thigh fat said...

Nice tips! I think what I would need to do, is put some of these samples in my shoes! Haha! No, seriously.

How to lose weight fast said...

Thank you very much for the suggestions. I have never thought of giving them as gifts!

Post a Comment